AUTHOR: Slublog DATE: 2/17/2005 10:10:00 AM ----- BODY: The President Who Hated America - The gentlemen at Powerline have an excellent post about Jimmy Carter. I'll be honest. I don't remember the Carter administration. I was four when he was elected. My first political memory is watching Ronald Reagan's inauguration on television. Yes, I was eight. Yes, I was an odd kid. It seems Carter's loss to President Reagan so soured him on this country that he has turned into something of an anti-American crank. Contrast his behavior after the election with that of former President Bush. A lot of people credit Carter with good deeds because he builds houses for poor people. I'm not as easily impressed, I guess. Cavorting with America's enemies during an election year is not endearing behavior to me. His acceptance of his Nobel after the committee's comments on why they were giving it to him showed his true colors, as did inviting the odious Michael Moore to sit with him at the Democratic National Convention. Read the Powerline piece for more. --------