AUTHOR: Slublog DATE: 2/16/2005 01:52:00 PM ----- BODY: Pointless Pop-Culture Post - Driving back to work after lunch, I heard Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" on the radio. I haven't heard the song in full for years, and it was just as I remembered. Muddy guitar, good drums and whiny, scratchy voice. I remember at the time, Kurt Cobain was considered a brilliant lyricist by music critics. For this?
With the lights out it's less dangerous Here we are now Entertain us I feel stupid and contagious Here we are now Entertain us A mulatto An albino A mosquito My Libido Yeah
When I was in college, this song was in my 'don't flip the channel' category. I didn't like it enough to buy the album or sing along, but when it came on the radio, I didn't switch the channel. Today, though, my finger was itching to hit the scan button. I'm just going to mark this as another step on the road to eventual Codgerhood. --------