AUTHOR: Slublog DATE: 2/08/2005 08:40:00 PM ----- BODY: Oh-Hold Blogging - I'm currently on hold with the Hugh Hewitt show. Hugh is out of the studio this evening, and the Northern Alliance guys are filling in. When I get onto the show (soon, I hope), I plan to talk about something I noticed while rereading Nik Gowing's article, which accuses U.S. troops of deliberately targeting civilians. A tape of the panel discussion was supposed to be given to Tim at Sisyphean Musings, but the World Economic Forum invoked the "Chatham House Rule," which governs meetings at Davos. The rules of Chatham House are set by the Chatham House Council. One of the members of that council? You guessed it. At the bottom of the story is:
Nik Gowing is a member of the Chatham House Council and main presenter for BBC World.
Eason Jordan is hiding behind a rule that was put in place by a guy who completely agrees with him and makes the same accusations against the U.S. military. UPDATE - Darn. Called too late. Oh, well. I did get a mention, though. --------