AUTHOR: Slublog DATE: 2/24/2005 12:43:00 AM ----- BODY: Bill Maher: Still Not Funny - The smarmy host of "Real Time with Bill Maher" recently went into a rant about Christianity and religion:
We are a nation that is unenlightened because of religion. I do believe that. I think that religion stops people from thinking. I think it justifies crazies. I think flying planes into a building was a faith-based initiative. I think religion is a neurological disorder. They don't have to be evangelical, but they're religious. They believe in religion, which as - I think it was Jesse Ventura who had that quote about religion is a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers.
Yup, I'm a regular wallflower who can't be without the soothing environment provided by my fellow weak minded Christians. I would love to be able to go into a full-throated rant about Maher and his comments, but I just don't have it in me. Partially because it's late and I'm finally starting to get tired; but more because I just feel sorry for Maher. Could you imagine going through life that angry? I used to watch Maher's show and often wondered one thing above all else, though - how on earth did such an unfunny man get labeled a comedian? Only in America. --------