AUTHOR: Slublog DATE: 1/19/2005 08:44:00 PM ----- BODY: Vultures - Captain's Quarters reports ABC News is looking for a funeral tomorrow to offer "balance" to their broadcast of the inauguration. That is simply sick behavior worthy of the harshest condemnation I can summon. Tomorrow, they'll probably blame the post on some low-level functionary and fire him or her, but the blogosphere shouldn't let them get away with this nonsense, this miserable exercise in Bush-bashing. During the campaign, the media threw a stink when images from the terror attacks of September 11 were used in a Bush campaign commercial. How is this different? This is, in fact, much worse. At least the Bush ads had some sense of decorum. Given the tone of their post, Peter Jennings might as well use the bloody shirt of a dead serviceperson to wipe the crocodile tears from his face over that soldier's death. The more I think about this, the angrier I get. I agree completely with Dirty Harry's second update. These aren't reporters. These people are vermin, feasting on the bodies of those who sacrificed their lives for this country. I'd better quit now, or I'll start using words that just don't belong on a family blog. But I'm disgusted beyond civil language. --------