AUTHOR: Slublog DATE: 1/13/2005 09:05:00 PM ----- BODY: On the Playlist - This is probably the most boring thing I write about, but it's my site, darnit!
"Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane - Okay, this song is older, but it's a great tune. Good to see people actually playing instruments and relying on musical talent instead of production values. "I Still Believe" by James Clay - This song has been covered by Russ Taff and some weird guy with a saxophone in "The Lost Boys." This version is straight up rock and roll by a guy with a gravelly voice. "Fell in Love With a Boy" by Joss Stone - A fun cover of the White Stripes song. I cannot believe this girl is only 18 - what a voice. "I Got a Feeling" by Third Day - The song they performed at the Republican National Convention. I've seen this group three times at music festivals - they put on an excellent live show. "Over and Over" by Nelly and Tim McGraw - Yup, still listening to this song. It's a weird combination, but compelling. "Gone" by TobyMac - The only song by TobyMac that I like. Nuff said.
This may be dull for others, but a reprieve from politics for me. Now, back to the screedy goodness. --------