AUTHOR: Slublog DATE: 1/25/2005 09:47:00 AM ----- BODY: Commercials I Hate - The Super Bowl is coming on February 6, and people are already talking about the commercials. Normally, I hate commercials and try to avoid them with obsessive use of the remote control. Because I can't figure out what else to write about, and this is my blog, I thought it would be fun to point out some commercials I especially despise. "Lewis and Clark" - Does anyone know what this commercial means? As my dad has said, Lewis and Clark didn't discover 'qualities,' they discovered half of the country. The commercial makes no sense and I hope none of my tax money is going to pay for it. "Gun Crime" - These PSAs aren't bad, actually. They kind of lose effectiveness, though, after being played 100 times a day. "Daddy Just Haaad to Get a Motorcycle" - It's too bad Daddy ran out of gas on his motorcycle. It's even worse that Daddy married a condescending jerk who likes to insult you in front of the kids. Pretty much any NBC promo. "Winter in Maine" - This local commercial implores us to enjoy winter in Maine, because local television anchors do. Yup. Nothing like the pure enjoyment of biting winds, snow, ice and the constant runny nose that comes with a Maine winter. "Quirks" - Imagine a guy with no charisma, an awful voice and no hair selling cars, and you've pretty much described the salesman for a local car conglomerate. I guess it's worked, though, since they own half of Bangor. Actually, you can add any car commercial to my 'must-hate' list. Okay, I've got that off my chest now. Back to regularly scheduled ranting. --------