AUTHOR: Slublog DATE: 1/13/2005 08:40:00 PM ----- BODY: Adventures in Blogging - It's always interesting telling people you're a blogger. Some people, unfamiliar with the technology, look at you as though you've admitted to some sort of strange habit. Others, who are more liberal in their worldview, are often appalled. When I told a liberal co-worker that I was a blogger, you would have thought I'd said kicking puppies was fun. (Which it can be, depending on the puppy...) The most fun is telling someone at my church that I blog. That always leads to a few moments of mental anguish and wondering whether I'd slipped and used any curse words while discussing Andrew Sullivan or Keith Olbermann's latest nonsense. I guess knowing the pastor reads the blog keeps me honest. The number of bloggers in our midst is spreading, though. Tonight, a teen from the youth group admitted she had her own blog. I tried, with absolutely no success, to get her to divulge her website address. Oh well...it's nice to know the blogging thing isn't just a fad limited to 20 and 30 something political geeks. --------