AUTHOR: Slublog DATE: 12/22/2004 09:29:00 AM ----- BODY: A Walk Through Daytime Cable - Ah, the worst is over. I'm staying home from work today, though. One of the worst side effects of not being able to keep even a glass of water down is the weakness the day after. So today, I'm stuck with the vast wasteland that is daytime cable: TLC - Decorating shows have taken over a once-good network. I'm tired of seeing "Trading Spaces" and its many knockoffs. This channel used to have great documentaries about interesting stuff - now it's a shrieking nightmare of annoying decorators and their crappy ideas. Paint a room in red and black stripes? Sounds like a great idea. If you're a moron. VH1 - What's next? "I Love the 50s?" "I Love the Dark Ages?" Those shows are entertaining, but too much of a good thing is still too much. Maybe they should take a break from the "I Love the..." formula for awhile. Oh, and that commercial where they make it look like various artists are singing "Sing a Song?" That's just creepy. MTV - This channel is not about music. It's about a "lifestyle." Oh, and really bad shows. CNN - That Jack Cafferty guy really is grouchy. Lighten up. C-SPAN - Boy, liberals really like navel-gazing seminars. It's got me wondering whether I'm really too tired to go to work... --------