AUTHOR: Slublog DATE: 11/17/2004 08:38:00 AM ----- BODY: The Media's Life Preserver - The major media, obviously glum about the election results, have found something to cheer them up. I haven't written about the incident in Fallujah because I don't really think I have anything to offer. The closest I've ever come to combat is a training exercise with blanks and Miles gear during my short stint in ROTC. I have no idea what the soldiers in Iraq are facing on a daily basis and those of us here in the U.S. should let the guys on the ground there decide what happened and what should be done. The media and some liberals seem to think they've found yet another story to discredit the war in Iraq and are trying to make this Marine the second coming of William Calley. I don't know whether what this Marine did was self-defense or a war crime. Matthew at Froggy Ruminations, a former SEAL, has some interesting thoughts on the subject. We just have to wait and see where the investigation goes. Regardless of what happens with that investigation, I think liberals are fooling themselves if they think this will discredit the war effort. --------