AUTHOR: Slublog DATE: 11/24/2004 07:41:00 AM ----- BODY: Lighter Fare - It's a holiday weekend, so I'm going to relax a bit and take a moment to add to a previous post. Last night, I was talking to my parents about Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. That, and Michele's post on the subject over at A Small Victory got me thinking about what I'd add to my favorite songs list. Here's an attempt to gather some of them:
"Where the Streets Have No Name" by U2 (my all time favorite song) "Ghost" by the Indigo Girls "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel "This Time, the Dream's On Me" by Harry Connick, Jr. "Adagio from the Concierto de Aranjuez" as performed by John Williams "Jealous Kind" by Jars of Clay "Melody of You" by Sixpence None the Richer "Your Song" by Elton John "Hey Jesus" by the Indigo Girls "You Move Me" by Susan Ashton "Stardust" by Nat King Cole "Moonlight Serenade" by Glenn Miller "When He Returns" by Bob Dylan "What's the Frequency Kenneth" by REM "Blackbird" by the Beatles "One" by Metallica "In My Life" by the Beatles "One Moment More" by Mindy Smith "Leader of the Band" by Dan Fogelberg "Lawyers, Guns and Money" by Warren Zevon "Beautiful Day" by U2 "What's This Life For" by Creed "What Would I Say" by Steven Curtis Chapman "Alive" by P.O.D. "Missin' You" by Chris Rice "On Fire" by Switchfoot "The Nearness of You" as performed by Norah Jones "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash "America" by Simon and Garfunkel "The Longest Time" by Billy Joel "When She Loved Me" by Sarah McLachlan "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult "The Wind' by Cat Stevens
That's enough for now. I could go on, but I'll spare you. Not all of these are great songs. Heck, some of them aren't even good songs, but they're all songs I enjoy and could listen to over and over again. They all occupy a place on one of my CDs or in a Winamp playlist. Now you have an idea of my musical tastes, or lack thereof. --------