AUTHOR: Slublog DATE: 11/16/2004 11:11:00 PM ----- BODY: Just Have to Say - I love iTunes. Just spent some serious quality time on the site and I'm now listening to U2's "Vertigo," Salvador's version of "Heaven," Trevor Morgan's "Fall Down," and Chris Rice's "Go Light Your World." I'm looking forward to the new U2 album. From what I've heard, the boys have learned from the debacles that were "Pop" and "Zooropa" and have continued along in the rock roots they rediscovered in "All That You Can't Leave Behind." They still haven't written anything that rivals "Where the Streets Have No Name," though. Of course, songs that good don't come along that often. (I feel the same way about "Ghost" by the Indigo Girls and "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel) Apple and the recording industry are moving in the right direction with iTunes. It's certainly a better way to approach the digital music phenomenon than suing one's customers. Many of the albums released these days contain two or three good songs and lots of filler. I like being able to discard the filler. --------