AUTHOR: Slublog DATE: 11/09/2004 09:00:00 AM ----- BODY: Bush Hatred Continues - I'll admit I was wrong. I completely expected the intense Bush hatred that exists within the Democrat party to dwindle after Bush won re-election. Unfortunately, it seems the hating has just begun. I can't say that I'm surprised at what Garrison Keillor said, but I am disappointed that a government-funded radio network would run what amounts to anti-Christian bigotry. Would they be so blase if Keillor were joking about taking away the vote from African-Americans? In the attempt to find a scapegoat for their election defeat, Democrats seem to be settling on a narrative that blames "born again" voters who hate the idea of gay marriage. Such a narrative may appeal to the fragile egos in the Democrat leadership, but it runs the risk of alienating large segments of the population who do believe in God and go to church each Sunday. There already exists a disconnect between religious voters and the Democrat party. Comments by Democrat strategists and radio personalities insulting those voters will do the party no good in future elections. --------