AUTHOR: Slublog DATE: 9/23/2004 11:48:00 AM ----- BODY: Old Port Blogging - I'm sitting in a branch office of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy located right in the heart of the People's Republic of Portland. I have a few hours before the meeting, so I decided to read my email, check blogs, etc. I had not yet read Lileks for the morning, and boy did I miss something good.
The draft is coming back! The draft is coming back! You know, there's a Zombie Hippie Boomer component of the nation that simply can't dump the tropes of the 60s, and the only way they can live is to eat the brains - the sweet, sweet braaaains - of the young. The draft is coming back! Tin Soldiers and Nixon coming! Run away! I hear Canada is, well, Canada this time of year. The ZHBs want it to be 1969 in perpetuity, I fear. Well: I was 20 in 1978, and I was sick of the 60s. And they'd just ended a few years before.
Like I said last night, this is one of the lowest political moves I've seen in a campaign. Kerry is not a candidate of vision who wants to lead America forward. He's just a hack who wants to win. --------