AUTHOR: Slublog DATE: 8/21/2004 08:58:00 PM ----- BODY: In the Tank - The media is in full save Kerry mode, basing their defense on a Chicago Tribune story written by a guy who commanded a swift boat that was with Kerry's when the senator earned his Silver Star. I don't see why this guy is at all credible, if you use Democrat logic. The criticism of the Swift Boat Vets was that none of them served with Kerry, since they weren't on his boat. It seems to me that this editor has the same problem. I guess consistency has little place in the Kerry campaign, or in the major media. I know I shouldn't be surprised by the ferocity with which the media is going after the Swift Boat vets after ignoring them for two weeks, but I am. It's still hard to see a once-proud profession (does anyone remember Edward R. Murrow, for heaven's sake?) crumbling because of the stupidity and partisanship of today's 'journalists.' And none of them see it, I'll bet. In two years, when network news ratings are in the tank and circulation figures for the dailies have flatlined, reporters and editors will look at the rubble and blame the consumer. Mark my words. --------